Last night after driving home from dinner, I found myself consoling my G.P.S. Before you think I'm crazy let me tell you exactly what happened so you can understand "Y".
So I get in my car. My radio is turned down, I was thinking about work, future, life etc. so I had some stuff on my mind and I didnt really think to turn the radio on just yet. I was thinking about what happened in Haiti (I dont know why its on my mind these days). I was lost in thought about what would happen if that same situation were here, where I live. I keep my G.P.S on the floor of my passenger seat because I lost the stand that it sits in on the top of my dashboard. So deep in this thought, lost in another reality, I hear, in a thick European accent "why"... At first I chuckled. Then I'm thinking "what?!?!" Why in the world did my G.P.S ask "why"?. I looked down and apparently some of the wires that it was tangled up in, accidentally hit the letter Y when looking up a street address. As you know when you choose a letter in the GPS thingy it says it out loud. So I played along... Consolingly, like a parent talking to their child and continuing with my rationale of thinking about the earthquake in Haiti, i said : "because the world isn't fair and sometimes bad things in the world happen even though we dont want them to." I went on to console my emo G.P.S and before you know it I was at home getting out of my car wondering why in the world I had a 10 minute conversation with my emotional electronic navigation guidance system. All because she asked "Y"...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment